Friday, April 1, 2011

Body of Proof Wins the Night!

Hello!  I have a hot minute to blog before jumping on a call and eating my weight in Cadbury eggs. (Eggs are protein, right?)

Anyhoo... Usually when I read the  trade magazines, I want to rip my hair out.  The petty drivel about terrible movies and stupid reality shows gets to me... but alas! This Wednesday, Variety and the Hollywood Reporter made me smile and do a slightly dorky fist pump (it was a natural reaction, but dorky nonetheless). Nelson McCormick, a specialized directorial talent on our roster at Aero, directed the season premiere of ABC's Body of Proof with Dana Delaney and it won the night.  Congrats, Nelson!

The show is about Dr. Hunt played by Dana Delaney, who is a top neurosurgeon.  But a horrible car accident ends her career as a neurosurgeon, so she becomes a medical examiner and changes her focus from helping the living to helping the dead.  Heavy material, but my oh my who doesn't love a good mystery solved by a kick-ass leading lady with the right amount of snark?

Body of Proof  beat out The Good Wife and Parenthood in the ratings.  Although it should be noted that Nelson has has directed a few episodes of The Good Wife, but thankfully his episodes weren't up against each other. Which would have been something, as I've always wanted to know how Peyton and Eli Manning's parents feel on Sundays.

Nelson gives direction on set.

"You, be less dead."

"This never ends well for you."

The show can be viewed online and airs again on Sunday at 10pm with its regular viewing Tuesdays at 10pm on ABC.

Okay, my hot minute is up and I'm dialing in to the conference line again... ooo, hold music. Another thing that makes me want to pull my hair out.  (Who thought it was a good idea to make an instrumental version of Wham's Careless Whisper on an oboe?)


  1. I meant to watch this new series but I am recovering from pneumonia and fell fast asleep. I will try to catch it on Sunday. YES eggs are a great source of protein!!! :O} Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

  2. Congratulations to Mr. McCormick, indeed. "Wife" is an awfully good show, so now I'll have to check out "Proof." Ms. Delaney is always fun to watch, and let's hope for the sake of all involved a hit is in the offing. If they can beat The Good Wife, then they're doing something right.



Related Posts with Thumbnails